Tuesday, 19 April 2005
so pure in thought and word and deed...
1. denoting or relating to the entire body of christians, esp. to the Church before separation into the Greek or Eastern and Latin or Western Churches.
2. denoting or relating to the Latin or Western Church after this separation
3. denoting or relating to the Roman Catholic Church
4. denoting or relating to any church, belief, etc. that claims continuity with or originates in the ancient undivided Church
5. a member of any of the Churches regarded as Catholic, esp. the Roman Catholic Church
1. universal; relating to all men; all-inclusive
2. comprehensive in interests, tastes etc.; broad-minded; liberal [C14: from latin catholicus, from Greek katholikos universal, from katholou in general, from kata - according to + holos whole]