I don't really go in for these things much, but I'm going to make an exception for Ben from Silent Words Speak Loudest:
"List five songs that you are currently digging - it doesn't matter what genre they are from, whether they have words, or even if they're not any good, but they must be songs you're really enjoying right now. Post these instructions and the five songs (with artist) in your blog. Then tag five people to see what they're listening to."
The reason I'm going for this is because Ben tagged me "because he gets guests in for his Friday Earworms these days and doesn't reveal his own". That's so true....
So here you go then:
1. 'Debaser' - the Pixies. Nihilistic shrieking and references to surrealistic cinema? Yes please.
2. 'Helicopter' - Bloc Party. Mental drumming and a coruscating guitar riff. I'll have some of that on my drive into work thanks.
3. 'The Street Where You Live' - Vic Damone. It's been running round my head since my post the other day, and I was caught singing it in the office the other day.
4. 'My Lovely Horse' - Father Ted Crilly & Father Dougal McGuire. I was busted singing this one in the office today. I blame the Ultimate Olympian, who told me how he sang this to Neil Hannon at a Pixies gig in Dublin the other day (I was listening to 'Doolittle' before he told me that though, so the Pixies earworm IS ALL MINE, alright?).
5. 'The Dark of the Matinee' - Franz Ferdinand. Popped this album on in the car the other day, as it's perpetually in my CD holder (along with 'Final Straw'). Great album, but this is the one that stuck in my head.
And the five people I tag? Sorry about this in advance, but:
The Urban Fox
You don't have to play if you don't want to, but I have an earworm fetish, as you know....so....
Speaking of which, Tom's up tomorrow, so don't miss that.
1 day ago