Thanks for all your suggestions, but I have now finally decided which CD I am going to take with me for my MRI scan tomorrow. Well, I say I decided, but actually what I did was move the goalposts a little and decide that I would create my own:
1. Don't Panic - Coldplay
2. Hope There's Someone - Antony & the Johnsons
3. Blood - Editors
4. Painkiller - Turin Breaks
5. I Have Forgiven Jesus - Morrissey
6. Dosed - Red Hot Chili Peppers
7. If You Go Away - Dusty Springfield
8. Goodbye My Lover - James Blunt
9. Fire - Jimi Hendrix
10. Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd
11. White Shadows - Coldplay
12. Piazza, New York Catcher - Belle & Sebastian
13. Rockin' the Suburbs - Ben Folds
14. Let Me Kiss You - Nancy Sinatra
15. Rock & Roll Suicide - Seu Jorge
16. Going Missing - Maximo Park
17. Death Of A Disco Dancer - The Smiths
18. You Get What You Give - New Radicals
19. On Her Majesty's Secret Service - John Barry Orchestra
1 hour and 16 minutes worth squeezed onto one CD to help pass the 90 minutes I'll be squeezed into the tube (my original first choice was 'Parachutes' by Coldplay, and then I remembered that it's barely 40 minutes long)
I think that ought to just about do the trick.
Not **too** much danger of dancing to much of that stuff either, eh?
** today's post title was chosen by John, the Ultimate Olympian, thanks to his winning entry in the Coldplay lyric competition way back in the mists of time. John is, of course, taking part in the London Triathlon this weekend, and I will be there to cheer him on. I'm sure if any of you want to make a pledge, he'll be happy to receive you over at his place....