It's my birthday today - so if you pop by here later on, be sure to be wearing your party best and come fully prepared for:
- pass the parcel
- a rubbish magician
- more cake than you can shake a stick at (pleny enough for takeaways)
- a little bit of disco dancing...
Quite a few candles now - 31!
I'm a lucky boy though. C. has been carefully hoarding all the cards and things that have dropped through the letter-box in the last few days.
- A copy of Paul Karasik and David Mazzucchelli's graphic adaptation of Paul Auster's "City of Glass" from the New York Trilogy
- A copy of "The Rings of Saturn" by W.G. Sebald
- Some vouchers to Neal's Yard Dairy
- Some YSL M7
...but best of all, C. has got me a pair of tickets to both parts of His Dark Materials at the National Theatre later on this month. The run finishes at the end of March, and apparently these were the very last tickets available to both shows on the same day. It's supposed to be superb, so I'm very much looking forward to it.
Mind you... I have now reached that venerable age where I no longer bother taking the day off. So if you'll excuse me, I have to go and get ready for work.... [mutter mutter]