(fret not, lost LB fans...you can find him here)
Earworms of the Week
Even I'm getting a bit bored of reading my largely guitar music based earworms, so it's high time I pulled my finger out and got a few guests sorted out. Any volunteers? How about if I said that anyone taking part in the shuffleathon automatically qualifies for another go?
Form an orderly queue..........
In the meantime, and in a move blatantly stolen from Pynch, this week's earworms will come mainly from my shuffleathon CD (which I am now almost certain I have finalised, and have been listening to all week, fretting about the running order) and will be cunningly concealed as song lyrics.
If you want to have a guess, then please help yourself. If you don't want to know in case the CD is going to be heading your way, then look away now.....
1. "Tune in Wild Man of Borneo on bongos"
2. "we can fly now"
3. "Spray on snow, coloured flashing lights and an artificial tree that played Silent Night"
4. "Quantos sonhos já destruí"
5. "Why'd you feel so underrated? Why'd you feel so negated?"
6. "Passing the gun from father to feckless son"
7. "and I'd have been the shadow of your shadow"
8. "I swear on the wet head Of my first case of gonorrhea"
9. "those hard faced queens of misadventure"
10."We're living in two tribes and heading to war"
11. "While we wipe away frowns in the most crowded place"
12. "with your shirt tucked in and your shoes untied"
13. "we dreamed of her and compared our dreams"
14. "rain explodes at the moment that the cab door closed"
15. "and I've got no right to take my place in the human race"
16. "where she is now I can only guess"
17. "before the bottle dulled my eyes and made me so I couldn't stand"
18. "Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust"
19. "Juste encore minute, juste encore minute"
Volunteer for next week and you won't have to suffer me doing this again!
Speaking of the Shuffleathon, my CD arrived in the post this morning (thanks Mike!). I'm away this weekend and spending a fair bit of time in the car, so I'm going to give it a good long listen before I settle down to give it a review.... Being away also means I will sadly not be in the company of my lovely (French) wife for the France vs England game on Saturday night. Perhaps that's just as well, eh?
Thank lockdown it’s Friday Cocktails
2 days ago