I had a whole new and totally alien shopping experience this evening... I popped into Boots on the way home and bought a whole pile of stuff for a friend of mine who has a one year old daughter.
I had a list, which helpfully included little steers like barcode numbers and stuff to make sure that I got the right stuff, but somehow it was still a real minefield.
- Who knew there were so many types of nappy? (are all nappies created equal?)
- Who knew that there was so much variety in baby food? (Why are they called "Cow and Gate"?)
- Who knew there were so many types of powdered milk?
- Who knew that I would end up needing 2 baskets?
- Who knew the staff in the shop would find me so amusing?
They are complex things to operate and no mistake. Do they come with a manual, a receipt and a full warranty?
I guess this post means I won't be babysitting for a while?
I just downloaded another load of stuff from Itunes:
- Mass Destruction - Faithless
- Stan - eminem
- Lose Yourself - eminem
- Mosh - eminem (you have to hear this one - it's a furious anti-bush song and it's brilliant)
- My Favourite Game - The Cardigans (perfect pop)
- Erase/Rewind - The Cardigans (ditto)
- Celebrity Skin - Hole (well, she had to do one good song)
I'm not a massive hip-fan, and I have to say I generally find Eminem talented but samey. Those three tracks up there are fantastic though.
Pandemic Legacy Season 2: April
3 days ago