I've just caught up on the 45 posts I had missed over at Retro-Boy whilst I was away. Well. I only missed about 35 whilst I was actually away, but when I saw how much I had missed, I was a little intimidated by the amount of posting, and kind of put off catching up until now, and a very dull game of football on the telly.
I don't know what I was worried about. It was good! I learnt that our hero has appeared on the back of an Alabama 3 DVD, that he has been offered Voluntary Redundancy, that he's signed an autograph as Moby, seen pictures of him with a shaven head, that I'm a socialist, that Louise Wener would be one of his celebrity exceptions, that there has been a devastating plague in Warcraft... and much, much more.
I also learnt that I have been tagged (once I'd worked out that I was the "Gentle Giant").
Here we go then:
7 things I plan to do before I die
1) See a whole lot more of the world than I already have
2) Find a job that is both fulfilling *and* worthwhile
3) End all war and bring social justice to all
4) Spend a lot of quality time cuddling my lovely girlfriend
5) Become carbon neutral (should eat fewer beans, right?)
6) Become a published author
7) Become a grumpy old man (ideally not one that smells of piss)
7 things I can do
1) argue the toss about anything, with anyone
2) raise either eyebrow independently of the other
3) cook a mean chili-con-carne
4) Get a grump on with the best of them
6) stay in bed for hours and hours and hours
7) watch a game of cricket for 5 days straight and not get bored once
7 things I cannot do
1) sit still (especially when I'm in the house on my own)
3) listen to classical music
4) keep my mouth shut
5) leave an open packet of biscuits in the house
6) stop my face from showing what I'm thinking - good or bad
7) tolerate Simply Red
7 things that attract me to the opposite sex
3) a sexy nose
4) a twinkle in the eye
5) the way she moves
6) standing up to me
7) having strong opinions
7 things I say most often
3) "fuck" (in all of its infinite variety)
4) "piss off"
6) "we are where we are" (at work, all the bloody time)
7) "that would be an ecumenical matter"
(you lot are probably as good a judge of this as anyone - you tell me)
7 celebrity crushes
1) Julie Christie
2) Catherine Keener
3) Zoe Telford (from Teachers and Absolute Power)
4) Jane Fonda (c. Barbarella)
5) Isabel Adjani (especially c. La Reine Margot)
6) Disco Kylie (not pop moppet Kylie)
7) Angelina Jolie (I'm only human)
(I have always found this kind of list really hard, and have always really struggled to list crushes. But there you are.)
I'm meant to tag 7 other people, but I won't be responsible for inflicting this on anyone else, I don't think.
If you want to have a go though, please be my guest.
Wednesday, 28 September 2005
understand the world we're living in
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment