I don't really make a habit of plugging things on here, but I'm going to make an exception for this:
It's a compilation of stories submitted by various bloggers and compiled by Peach. I'm not expecting you to buy a copy of this just because I say you should, so I've come up with a list of reasons why you should consider it:
1) The book only costs £12.50, and for that investment you get an awful lot of entertainment out of other people's lives, with entries from over 100 bloggers.
2) Of that £12.50, a whole £6 will go directly to the Warchild charity. War Child is an international charity that works with children affected by war in Afghanistan, Iraq, Democratic Republic of Congo and Uganda. They work with former child soldiers, children in prison and children living and working on the streets giving them support, protection and opportunities. That's an extremely good cause. Think how *worthy* you'd feel. What's more, if you buy the electronic version of the book, then £10 of that £12.50 goes directly to Warchild, which is nearly twice as worthy.
3) Peach is lovely and has worked very, very hard to pull this all together. Buying it would help to make her feel happy and fulfilled that this was time well spent. Apart from anything else, selecting entries to go into the book must be a very time-consuming and frustrating experience. For every excellent entry that made the book, there are likely several equally excellent entries that haven't got in. Making those kinds of decisions can't be easy - and Peach has gone well out of her way to make sure that everything has been done as fairly as possible, with every submission being read and voted on by a fairly diverse panel and no entry going in on any one person's say so.
4) There are entries by some fantastic writers. Some are famous and published already and stuff, but some are people you know and love, including Cat....
5) Did I mention that the money all goes to charity?
Oh, and I'm in it too.
But don't let that put you off.
Buy it now and bask in your own worthiness.
That is all.
More details here.
Alcohol-Free Beers (Part Thirty)
1 week ago